Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, September 7, 2009

Heartache

It seems like every time I blink my eyes, my little girl has changed and passed a milestone. Tonight is going to be a hard night (for me). Not only did Aubri eat her first vegetable puree, but she's sleeping in her own bedroom. Aubri is ready, but I've been telling Dustin for the past month that I'm dreading this day. Every night as I rock her and she falls asleep in my arms, I pray that God will protect and watch over her as she grows and matures. I keep thinking my heart has met its love capacity and then Aubri crawls into my arms or lays her head on my shoulder while sucking her thumb and my heart bursts with more love.

Right now, it's taking all my strength to refrain from setting up an air mattress on the floor in her room and sleeping in there until MOMMY is ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment