Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Aubri's bling

Today Aubri got her ears pierced.   My mom had my ears pierced when I was 6 weeks old, so I wanted to continue the tradition.  Aunt Amelia came along for moral support and to document the event.   Before we knew Shim was a girl, Amelia and I talked about what fun things we would do with a boy and what fun things to do with a girl.  We agreed that if I had a girl, Amelia would be present for her ear piercing.  So, today was the day.  Right before the gun snapped to pierce her first ear, I thought to myself, "oh, I'm such a bad mommy for deforming my baby!"

We went to the doctor's office.

The doctor started talking and Aubri was talking along with her.

Aubri was being a good little girl.

Then we started marking her little ear lobes.

She wasn't too happy about this.


We got into position and Aubri thought she was getting a hug.  Little did she know . . . 

Not happy.


Ready for the second ear.  The doctor was so quick.

Sad, sad baby.

Isn't she pitiful?


Sleeping on the way home.
Her earlobes are even cuter, if that's even possible!

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=1017047009/a=43599772_43599772/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=earthlink/

No comments:

Post a Comment